We focus on startups and SME’s that need that need premium features
Find out how you can take your businesses to the next level
- Karinderia Conversion to PHP 7
I recently had the opportunity to take a look Karinderia and apply it to our new PHP7 server.
is a multi-restaurant ordering system built in Yii 1.1.9. It’s very very comprehensive.
Tips to Convert to PHP7.
Since the code is commercial, tips and coding advice is pretty difficult to come by. Bastikikang the chap who made the system is very responsive, so kudos but for us developers, I find it so much easier to read online documentation. In terms of the api and documentation… it’s none existent. That’s bad news.
1.Update your framework to Yii 1.1.17
2.Turn on PHP Debug Mode. It’s missing somewhere!
3.Fix indirect referencing
Off the Bat, Admin login, Merchant Login and Cart Add are going to break. You’ll see this error
method_exists Uncaught Error: Function name must be a string
This is a reference Error that PHP7 does not allow poor naming of functions.
Follow this reference to clean up your code.
4. AJAX Errors (1/5)
Here’s another tough point. There’s almost 15,000 lines of JS code. I personally do not like JS as it is pretty fickle. But 15K is a big number. Lots of Ajax calls here and there. You’re going to have to debug each call separately. The usually problem is adding ‘static’ to non-static functions now that PHP7 requires you to explicitly declare these functions.
5. That should be about it!
- Karinderia Conversion to PHP 7 February 11, 2017 - I recently had the opportunity to take a look Karinderia and apply it to our new PHP7 server. Karinderia is a multi-restaurant ordering system built in Yii 1.1.9. It’s very very comprehensive. Tips to Convert to PHP7. Documentation 1/5 Since the code is commercial, tips and coding advice is pretty difficult to come by. Bastikikang […]
- Loki JS Quick Tutorial January 22, 2017 - Loki JS is a lightweight Javscript based no sql database that you can use in your hybrid apps. This week I messed around a bit, but I was upset that the documentation pretty much sucked, so I wrote some for you. 1. Installing Use the Node Package Manager (NPM) 2. Setup with Browsify So […]
- Pricing Guides for Online Systems December 27, 2016 - From Thunderquote Price Guide For Website Development In Singapore (Ecommerce, Mobile Responsive, CMS, WordPress) | ThunderQuote Posted on 23rd December, 2016 by Thunderquote Factors which you need to consider when making a website are: Size of business Rough Budget Competition Review Existing Content Need for a writer Frequency of updates Need for multiple languages Number […]
- Ditch WordPress and Switch To Yii2 For Speed November 27, 2016 - By now you know that speed kills. Or rather the lack of speed on your website kills your business. Why? Search Ranking Suffer Google hates slow sites. If your website is slow, it’s probably going to rank very poorly in search, meaning customers will not find you on the search. Why wordpress is so slow… […]
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Use Opencart As Your Ecommerce ShoppingCart November 16, 2016 - #1 You Want Control Some businesses want to control their data and their website their IP. There’s always a ‘what if’ when data is stored somewhere else. There’s also a ‘what if’ the company you are hosting with drops in service and quality or if they start raising prices. If you are using SAAS it […]
- Gap Between Online and Offline Commerce Is Shrinking November 4, 2016 - Reposted from Hamzah Alsagoff 2016 will see the deepening of several ongoing trends that are shrinking the gap between ecommerce and physical retail. This year, retailers will look to leverage better fulfillment options, local advertising tools, offline attribution and omnichannel tools, as explored in a new eMarketer report, “US Holiday Ecommerce Preview 2016: Mobile to Fuel […]
- Yii2 + PHP vs Ruby on Rails : When the Ruby Lost Its Shine October 22, 2016 - How the Ruby Lost It’s Shine In order to know why, we need to look at the history. Once upon a time there was Java. The powerful virtual language to work on any platform. Except that there was a catch, it was too big, too powerful to work for web sites that simply served up […]
- Yii2 vs Laveral – framework… Which Is Better For Web Development? October 19, 2016 - I found this post by Richardo and I think this best sums up the Yii vs Laravel Battle Ricardo Obregón, Yii Coder and Consultant CodeIgniter? Just forget it. It is outdated and requires much more work to get simple things done. In my experience, in spite of Laravel is more popular (and in some […]
- What’s In the Cost of Mobile App? October 14, 2016 - Over the last few months, we have been researching how to deliver quality mobile apps within time and on budget. Despite what a lot of companies are saying and doing, developing for mobile is very expensive. Why is that? We Don’t Cookie Cutter If you’re just pushing out an app, then perhaps some quick development […]
- Ionic 2 – Hello World Tutorial October 13, 2016 - A few months ago I dipped my toe in the water with the app thing. After waiting for 10 minutes for my emulator to load for java, I pulled up the white flag and swore that app programming would be equal to my Chinese. Bad an in functional for me. And they want me to […]